If you have a travel story or educational article you’d like to share, feel free to send it along for publication. Many of the resources and stories you’ll find here are contributed by the Frayed Passport community—sharing advice and anecdotes from diverse voices helps to keep Frayed Passport interesting, educational, and fun!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a topic pitch or draft, or for any questions you might have about publishing on Frayed Passport.
Submissions should be original, longer than 800 words, and cannot be promotional in nature. You must hold the rights to any media included, or you must send along a link to your source plus the license to use this work. Content must be family- and work-safe, and must meet Frayed Passport’s editorial quality standards. Submissions may be edited for grammar and formatting, and if substantial edits are needed, we will email you to confirm the final version prior to publication.
Your contact information and a link to your website can be included in your bio.
Please note, all external links on Frayed Passport are marked “nofollow,” except to longstanding partners and to certain educational resources. Self-promotional articles or those promoting a client will be rejected, unless you are a paid advertiser. If you would like to advertise with Frayed Passport, please contact email@example.com.
We greatly value the time and energy spent to prepare an article, and we’re appreciative of this hard work and investment. The process you can expect after submitting your article is the following:
- A reply with any questions regarding the content will be sent to you within 7 days of submission.
- If accepted for publishing, you can expect your article to be published within 1—3 weeks after acceptance of the final version.
Inquiries that we believe are from content mills or are primarily promotional will not receive a response. We also will not respond to link insertion requests unless you are the original author of an already-published article on Frayed Passport that you would like to edit.
Please include all of the following information with your submission:
Maximum 70 characters.
The snippet gives a high-level overview of the article, and should be up to about 160 characters.
III. Intro Paragraph and Article Text
The intro paragraph is where you catch the interest of the readers. Make sure to let them know what the topic focus is and why it is important, as well as the main focus of your article.
- Total word count: 800+ words
- Sub-headings: Please insert sub-headers to separate concepts.
- Method for referencing: References should be linked inline as anchor text or included at the end of the article.
- Hyperlinks: You’re encouraged to insert non-promotional hyperlinks to related topics or articles inside your text. Links must be to educational resources (e.g., embassy information portals), and not to sales pages, landing pages, product or service pages, or similar, unless you are a paid advertiser. We will let you know if we choose not to include a link altogether.
- All external links on Frayed Passport, except to verified and longstanding partners and certain educational resources, will be marked “nofollow.” If you would like to advertise on Frayed Passport, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include all photos or graphics as separate attachments, not embedded into your article document—you may email these to email@example.com. Preferred formats are JPG or PNG. Please do not include any low-resolution or thumbnail images. If you are using an image that you do not personally own (such as a stock photo) please include an attribution link.
Make sure to include clear references inside the main text of your article so we know where to place the image.
V. Author Bio
After the article text, please provide a short bio. If there are multiple authors, please fill in the same information separately for each. Feel free to include your social media profiles, personal or professional website, and contact information.